Surgeries performed by Heart and Lung Surgery Specialists include:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (On and Off pump) - During a coronary artery bypass, the diseased sections of your coronary arteries are bypassed with healthy artery or vein grafts to increase blood flow to the heart muscle tissue. More About Coronary Artery Bypass at WebMD
- Endoscopic Vein Harvesting - Endoscopic vein harvest is the term used for an advance in the leg surgery associated with coronary artery bypass surgery and leg bypass surgery. The saphenous vein in the thigh and/or the lower leg can now be removed using a video camera and special instruments in a much less invasive way.
- Aortic and Mitral Valve Repair/Replacement - an operation to repair or replace either the Aortic Valve or the Mitral valve in the heart, normally to correct the effects of Heart Disease. More About Heart Disease at WebMD
- Bronchoscopy - procedure that allows your doctor to look at your airway through a thin viewing instrument called a bronchoscope. During a bronchoscopy, your doctor will examine your throat, larynx, trachea, and lower airways. More About Bronchoscopy at WebMD
- Mediastinoscopy - a surgical procedure to examine the inside of the upper chest between and in front of the lungs (mediastinum). More About Mediastinoscopy at WebMD
- Thoracotomy for: lobectomy, pneumonectomy, biopsies, decortication - More About Thoracotomy at Health Square
- Thoracoscopy for: biopsies, lung resection, pleurodesis, evacuation of pleural fluid - More About Thoracoscopy at Health Square
- Minimally Invasive surgery for Atrial Fibrillation - Minimally invasive surgery is done through small incisions. Using specialized techniques, miniature cameras with microscopes, tiny fiber-optic flashlights and high definition monitors.